Publication Charges Policy
International Journal of Politics & Social Sciences Review (IJPSSR) is a double-blind peer review Journal. The APC of IJPSSR find no financial backing from any other source – a sponsoring party or organization. IJPSSR is focusing to be indexed in SSCI (JCR-Master list) very soon. Hence, to meet such high standards while securing the academic and financial scope of authors, IJPSSR recommends the very nominal Publication charges. The various circles regarding the APC of IJPSSR have speculated many queries. In this context, the Editorial Board was assigned a special task to come up with a comprehensive Publication Charges Policy according to International Criteria and to grant relief to the PhD Scholars and Young Researchers.
Article Processing Charges (APC)
Publishing is not without costs. Subscription journals retrieve the costs of publication by charging a fee to access the content. As Open Access content is freely available the costs are paid through article-processing charges (APC). APC is levied after article acceptance prior to publication. APC covers:
- Editorial Work: Peer review, administrative support, commissioning content, journal development, editorial layout, and correspondence with the authors, reviewers, and referees.
- Review and Evaluation: Editorial review, double-blind peer review, final evaluation (01 international and 01 national referee)
- Technical Infrastructure and Innovation: Development, maintenance, and operation of the online journal system and websites.
- Production of Articles: Formatting and mark-up of articles, Inclusion in abstracting, indexing, aggregating, linking, uploading in world-class reputable research databases, directories, and bibliographies.
- Marketing of Journal and Content: Making sure readers and authors know about the work published in the title
- Customer Service: Responding to authors and readers
Article Publishing Charges (APC)
It makes promotion on Various Mediums [Content advertising via various world-recognized research forum and groups, databases, research soft wares and social media] and circulation [Published contents circulation in the relevant circles for enhancing citations].
Payment Responsibility of APC:
Although the authors are responsible for making or arranging payment of the Publication Charges in most cases they can rely on their institutions and funders for financial support. These bodies can cover Publication Charges in a variety of ways for example, by establishing an OA fund, making it part of their general funding, or by paying the fees as part of a membership model. IJPSSR operates the “Freedom Article Publishing Charges” model pioneered by Cogent OA (Taylor & Francis-Informa Group) only for PhD Scholars, MS/MPhil Scholars, or Undergraduate Students. The said model was approved for the purpose to encourage and boost up the young researchers of Pakistan.
Article submission is free of cost. Once the article is submitted, the author is awarded with acknowledgment letter as a receipt of the article. Then the article carries through the Pre-Editorial review. Pre-Editorial review meant to check up and scrutinize the submitted article on the very basic criteria of IJPSSR Publishing Policy, it includes:
- Non-Repository Turnitin Originality (19% or below than 19)
- Basic Format (Authors’ Strength and Citation Style etc.)
- Abstract and Keywords
If an author would like his/her article to be published under a Gold Open Access model, but cannot afford the APC, then individual waiver requests are considered on a case-to-case basis and may be granted in cases of genuine need. Authors who are eligible for such concession include those who have won any national excellence award, undergraduates with quality manuscript, orphans, special, and those whose parents or siblings are martyred / affected by the war on terror.